It’s snowing here in Dallas today! Huge flakes! My little princess has been bundled up in her ski clothes making snow angels since she woke up this morning. We are huge fans of hot chocolate at our house. I found this yummy recipe for homemade hot chocolate on Delish. The adult version calls for Jack Daniels. I’ve never tried the adult version, but the kid-friendly recipe is as yummy as can be. You MUST try it!
- 5 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounce(s) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Jack Daniel’s whiskey, optional
- Marshmallows & whipped cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate with the milk chocolate. Add the boiling water and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk the chocolate mixture until it is smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and heavy cream just to a simmer. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk over moderate heat until hot. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the whiskey. Pour the hot chocolate into demitasse cups or small mugs, garnish with marshmallows, and serve.
The recipe doesn’t take much longer than making store bought hot chocolate, but if you want a quick fix, then you need to check out the Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate from Dylan’s Candy Bar. It is BEYOND scrumptious!
SO, do you take yours with marshmallows or whipped cream OR BOTH? I like whipped cream but the princess takes hers with both. Stay warm & snuggly friends!